See more Paint
Rustins MDF Primer - Grey 500ml
Sold & shipped by Rustins Limited
Rustins Quick Drying MDF Primer is a water based primer for use on indoor and outdoor work. Used as a primer, it is suitable for new and bare MDF. It has high opacity and can be used as an undercoat on primed or painted surfaces. This primer may be over-coated with water or solvent based finishing paints. Available in white or grey.
- Instructions for Use - Apply liberally and evenly with a synthetic fibre brush or roller. For brush application, if needed, the primer coat may be thinned by mixing 5 parts with 1 part water. Do not thin when applying as an undercoat.
- Guarantee - Statutory
- Surface Preparation - Surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free from wax, grease and contaminants. When priming bare wood, knots must be sealed with Rustin’s Knotting. Fill holes and cracks with Rustin’s Wood Filler after priming. As an undercoat over existing paint, the surface must be cleaned and lightly sanded to provide a key before application.
Features and benefits
Water-borne MDF primer formulated with water borne acrylic emulsion, pigments and extenders to provide excellent opacity. Available in matt grey and white. As a primer for use on MDF, also suitable for bare wood, hardboard, plaster, brickwork and cement. (Not for priming metals). Can also be used as an undercoat over existing wood and metal primers and over existing paints. For interior and exterior use.
- Water based & quick drying
- High opacity
- For all interior & exterior use
- Can be used on hardboard and wood
- Low odour
- Non-flammable. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Eyes and skin should be rinsed immediately if contact occurs with plenty of water. Seek medical attention. Keep container tightly closed and out of reach of children.
|Location||Interior & exterior|
|Drying time||30 min|
|Recoat time||2 hours|
|Minimum touch dry time||0.5h|
|VOC level||No VOC level recorded|
|Application method||Brush or roller|