See more Worktop installation
Unika White Worktop Adhesive, 80ml
Unika water based contact adhesive is ideal for fixing laminate end strip to worktops.
- Comes with 80g tube contact adhesive
- Keep out of reach of children
- Using a small paintbrush coat an even application to cover both cut edge of the worktop and the back of the edging strip. When the adhesive is touch dry, bring the two surfaces together. Start at one end of the strip and apply pressure towards the other end making sure no air is trapped. Clean up immediately using cold water
Features and benefits
This Unika water based contact adhesive is both quick and easy to use, it is ideal for fixing laminate end strips to worktops, as well as ABS and polypropylene edging strips to worktops.
- This can also be used in other DIY projects such as fixing mouldings
- Use on melamine draw strips
- Suitable for bedroom furniture trims
- For securing laminate, PVC and textile flooring onto smooth, sound, clean surfaces
- Easy to apply giving good adhesion on materials such as plasterboard, hardboard and steel
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
Paul Med - 3 months ago
Many unfair comments about this product. I fit kitchens, and this works for me every time!. Apply a reasonable amount of adhesive to both surfaces. (On the laminate edging, stick it down on the long edge, using some duct tape to stop it curling up), AND THEN WAIT!. Give it al least 6-10 minutes, until almost dry, then bring the two surfaces together. Bingo.
Leave it several hours, and trim using a new blade.
Just_Hate_DIY - 3 years ago
Bought this for attaching edging to kitchen worktop. Failed completely to do the job, even though I followed the instructions precisely. Used the double-sided adhesive tape instead, which worked fine!!!
Would give this zero stars if it were possible!
Diy SoS 1949 - 4 years ago
Have usually used EVO-STIK for this job but gave this a go as it came as part of a complete kitchen order. Sadly unable to give less than one star. Doubt that it would stick paper ! (The words "solvent free" should have been enough of a clue and the fact that it has a shelf-life once opened. Odd then, that the tube is not sealed). It certainly won't stick B&Q edging which for some strange reason comes in a coil and therefore tends to keep curling back. It is so "unsticky" that I was able to rub it back off (see 'photo) and re-use the same strip.Have now gone back to EVO-STIK - job done !
Shelles - 4 years ago
It was purchased to stick the edging to a worktop. It was easy to use and did the job perfectly.
Glue for worktop edging tape
Goggs - 4 years ago
Absolutely rubbish, don't waste your money and buy the Evostick