See more Bark
Verve Bark chippings Small 100L Bag
This small landscape bark is suitable for use all around the garden to brighten up untidy beds and borders.
- Dig out any weeds and make sure that the soil is moist and lay weed barrier fabric. Spread bark by hand and rake to ensure even coverage depth of at least 50 mm high (2")
- Ideal for top dressing beds and boarders. Looks great and enriches the soil at the same time.
Features and benefits
- Verve's chipped bark locks in vital moisture and keeps weeds at bay, creating the perfect backdrop for happy healthy plants.
- For a long lasting effect, leave the soil undisturbed once the chipped bark has been laid. Periodically rake and top up each year with fresh chipped bark. For effective weed suppression (without a weed barrier) make at least 50 mm (2") deep. If laying chipped bark around plants be sure to not pile them up against the base of the plant. When using chipped bark as a decorative ground cover around plants, apply a feed with a general fertiliser each spring to help replace the nitrogen in the soil. For more tips on caring for your plants, check out our handy step-by-step guides and get the most out of your growing media.
- Reseal the bag after use. Keep in a cool and dry place. Protect from heat and direct sunlight. Store away from garden chemicals to prevent contamination
- 100% natural-decorative chip bark, a rustic cover for paths, flower beds and borders
- Can be used all year round
- 50 ltr per 1 m2 at 50 mm depth
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
Does the job, just be careful of unwanted bits
ACDC101 - 3 days ago
I bought this to cover up a border. Did the job. Contrary to other comments, I actually quite liked the smell. It is damp, but I guess it will dry out once laid. My only complaint is there were bits, other than wood chippings, in amongst the bag. Especially worrying was a sharp piece of glass/ mirror. Not ideal when you have young kids/ animals.
HO1 - 4 days ago
Bought 2 bags, good quality and consistent throughout bags. Paid a little more but worth it for the quality.
Well matured bark, though not that small.
AnthonyJohnP - 20 days ago
Well matured bark, though not that small. The pack was very wet and there fore very heavy, two person lift. There were small amounts of rubbish and wood, but overall does the job well.
Just what I was looking for
SunnyGardener - 1 month ago
I bought 4 bags and each bag went a long way as it was so compacted inside its packaging. The size of the chips was more a small/medium, but I'd say the size is accurately shown in the image of the gloved hand holding some woodchip. Some of the bark is softer so has splintered and broken up, but this doesn't affect its ability to be an effective mulch. The colour in this image is also pretty accurate. It has a lovely rich, earthy smell to it. and it looks great. My 4 bags had no contaminants except a couple of worms and spiders. My only complaint is that the price is a little high, but it's still competitive so can't complain too much.
Sanjay21 - 5 months ago
I bought this today and on opening it and spreading this I found several large twigs and one pieces of wood that looked like furniture, it was a foot long and curved, even worse I’ve found at least half a dozen pieces with red paint on them, I thought this was supposed to be bark chipping. Also it was wet right through and compressed so hard I had to use a spade to break it up.won’t be buying any more