See more Glues & adhesives
Volden White Multi-purpose PVA adhesive 5L
Sold & shipped by B&Q
Suitable for a variety of jobs including: bonding agent, adhesive, sealer, cement and plaster admixture.
- Guarantee - Statutory
- Neat = 6-12m²/L, Diluted 1:1 = 16-24m²/L, Diluted 1:3 = 18-36m²/L, Diluted 1:4 = 24-48m²/L
- Store in original container in a cool, dry place within the temperature range 5°C to 25°C and out of direct sunlight. Protect from frost.
- As an adhesive: Apply PVA to both surfaces then join together whilst PVA is still wet/tacky. Joints should be clamped together to prevent movement until the bond is formed (allow 24 hours to achieve maximum strength). Primer or sealer: For sealing porous substrates (old concrete, plaster, plasterboard) dilute 1 part PVA with 4 parts water and brush onto surface. Bonding: When applying plaster, use the PVA neat and brush onto surface prior to plastering. Apply while the PVA is still tacky. As a cement admixture: For small cement renders combine PVA with an equal amount of water and add to the mortar mix to improve adhesion and tensile strength of the cured render. For large areas dilute 3 parts PVA with 1 part water and brush onto the surface to be repaired. Apply the normal render mix before the emulsion dries. As a filler/plaster admixture: Dilute 1 part PVA to 1 part water and add to mix in place of water.
- Contains preservatives to control microbial deterioration: Reaction mass of 5-chloro-2-meth- y14-isothiazol-3-one and 2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one (3: 1 3-iodo-2-propynyl butylcarbamate, 1 and bronopol. May produce an allergic reaction. Keep out of reach of children.
Features and benefits
- Suitable for use on most common building and DIY materials, except PVC and rubber.
- D2 water resistance
- Ideal for priming unsound surfaces prior to plastering, as an adhesive on wood, cork, textiles and most applications where at least one surface is porous.
- Additionally suitable for general dust sealing on flaking paintwork/walls and as an admixture for cement, mortar, screed and render.
- Do not use in exterior applications or in areas subject to constant damp
- Conforms to BS 5270: Part 1: 1989
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush, roller or spreader|
|Bonding strength||Medium bond strength|