What you need to do
If you want to deep clean your carpets all you need to do is decide how many rooms you want to clean – the label on the front of each bottle of Rug Doctor Carpet Detergent shows the coverage that can be achieved using their 1,2 or 4 litre bottles in both number of rooms and m².
How long will it take
This will depend on the amount of cleaning you need to do, but as a rough guide:
• Two average size rooms can be cleaned in a couple of hours.
• An average 3 bedroom house will take approximately a day to clean and dry, including moving furniture.
Particularly dirty carpets may need overnight drying before a second deep clean is attempted, so a 48 hour rental would be recommended in this case.
Which Size Of Machine Do I Need To Rent?
There are two Rug Doctor machines, the Standard size Mighty Pack or the bigger Wide Track machine.
Advantages of using the Wide Track are:
• The machine has a 20% wider cleaning path, a 22% wider brush, but more importantly it carries over 42% more cleaning solution and has a 55% larger recovery tank. This reduces time spent refilling and means that the machine is twice as fast to use overall.
• 15sqm can be covered between refills.
• Convenient for transportation, only 4”/10cm higher than the Mighty Pack.